What Not to Put Down Your Sinks and Toilets — Avoid “Backups”!
- Grease: Put in container and throw away
- Fibrous Fruits and Vegetables: Celery etc.
- Vegetable Peels: Potatoes etc.
- Rice, Cereals, and Pasta
- Coffee Grounds
- Egg Shells
Scrape leftover food into trash — Most Residential Garbage Disposals are designed for food residue left after scraping plates! They do not really chop or grind up food effectively! If you must grind lots of food: Use plenty of water and feed your disposal one spoonful at a time – Good Luck!
- Feminine Products: Kotex, Tampons, Pads, Napkins
- Paper Towels / Toilet Cleaning Pads
- Baby Wipes / Wet Wipes
- Diapers, Depends
- Bowl Hung Cleaners / Deodorizers*
- In Tank Bleach Tablets…**
*We have pulled plenty of Metal and Plastic Bowl Hangers that accidentally got flushed! If you must use a bowl freshener find one that hangs inside the toilet tank.*
**In Tank Bleach Tablets can ruin your Toilet! When the tablets gets small it can go down the inner system and clog it completely… Symptom: Toilet water level climbs high, water just swirls, toilet paper and waste left in bowl.